Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well, I feel like kind of an idiot.

Two days ago, I openly proclaimed which specific desk I was getting, narrowed down to two colors. And I wasn't screwing around or anything. Like, I really believed and intended to buy that desk. But of course - the best-laid schemes o' mice an' men/Gang aft agley...

While wandering around Crate and Barrel testing sofas, I spotted this big honking desk hidden by a pillar and the sales associate station. It was a floor model of this discontinued desk that was on sale. I've always tended wildly towards unorganization and sprawl, so the giant size (I didn't write down the dimensions since I assumed they could be found online. Wrong!!) and the built-in storage are great for me.

Also, deals are awesome. It's probably entirely nonsensical, but I believe furniture that retails for significantly more is necessarily superior to furniture that retails for less, and this, I am more willing to spend for furniture whose MSRP is higher. Also, HOW VERY DON DRAPER. I have nothing more to say.

Crate and Barrel Preston Desk
$449, marked down from $999

The cherry finish is actually this lovely, rich, medium brown, and so I'm hoping that it matches the walnut finish on my Expedit coffee table. Not gonna lie, there's a couple scratches in the finish (since it's a floor model), but I don't really care. Given something that comes pre-crapped, I feel that much less remorse for the inevitable spills.

So awesome, I have a sofa and a desk to add to the acquired category. Now all I need are two barstools, several lamps, and food receptacles.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog while I was searching for this desk (as you said discontinued). I have the matching file cabinet and book case - & would love the desk. Let me know if for some reason it did not work out for you - & you would like to sell it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete